Frequently Asked Questions

When your final results have been ratified by a University of Wales Examining Board they will be recorded on the University’s student records system. You will be admitted to your award in absentia and your certificate and Diploma Supplement will be sent to your Institution of study.

Your main relationship will be with the collaborative centre delivering your programme of study. They will provide you with a student handbook and course material, deliver your programme and assess your studies. They will provide the facilities you need to study effectively and will support you through your studies.

At the start of your validated programme, your collaborative centre will register you with the University of Wales. As a University of Wales student you will:

  • Study under University of Wales Regulations and Procedures
  • Know that your programme is quality assured by the University of Wales
  • Have access to a range of University of Wales services

As a University of Wales student you will be able to: 

  • Use the University of Wales Online Library of high quality electronic databases, eJournals and eBooks (see our quick start guide for more information)
  • Meet academics of the University of Wales when they visit your collaborative centre
  • Take part in a Graduation Celebration to celebrate your achievement
  • Become a member of the University’s Alumni Association
  • Complete an International Student Survey on your study experience
  • Apply to act as Student Representative on University of Wales committees
The Institution that delivers the course you are interested in joining is responsible for all visa matters. For more information see the UK Border Agency website

The University of Wales works with a wide number of Institutions in Wales and all over the world - find out if a course is offered in your country by using the Course Search facility 

Schemes of study listed here are validated by the University of Wales, however, prospective students are advised to contact the collaborative centre directly for information about all future intake dates

You must contact the Institution which delivers the course you are interested in joining. Contact details for all the Institutions which the University works with can be found on our website using the Institution search facility
Following the announcement made by the University of Wales in relation to progress with its merger (see press release A sense of history – a new beginning), we recognise that students may have concerns or questions. As consistently stated, the University has a duty of care to our students and we will honour our commitments to all students currently enrolled on University of Wales awards. Students and Alumni can view a list of Frequently Asked Questions put together specifically to help answer any concerns students may still have regarding these changes.
Once we have received your registration details (including your email address) from your institution, you will receive a welcome email from us which will contain your username (your email address) and password to use the Online Library.
For information about your degree / dissertation result, please contact your place of study. Unfortunately the University is unable to provide your results to you by email or telephone
If you have successfully completed a validated scheme you will automtically receive a Diploma Supplement with your certificate. See our Diploma Supplement  web page for more information.

Yes. If your certificate is damaged we will issue a replacement free of charge on receipt of the damaged original. A fee of £30 will apply to replace lost certificates.

Please click here  for more information.

You should contact the Institution that delivered your course.
A validated programme is one that has been designed by your collaborative centre and submitted to the University of Wales for approval. Validation means that your programme is equivalent in level and standard to similar programmes offered throughout UK higher education.

The University of Wales has specific procedures for students wishing to make a complaint or lodge an academic appeal.


Student Appeals
For more information on the procedure, including criteria and assessment, or to submit an appeal please click here or contact


Student Complaints
Whenever possible you should aim to resolve any difficulties directly with your Institution. If this is not possible, the University’s Student Complaints| procedure may be used if you wish to complain about aspects of your study experience that do not relate to assessment or examinations. For more information please click here
 or contact

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14